Payment and Booking Policy:
- A 50% deposit is required to book a trip via personal or company check, money order or bank draft or credit card. Any reservations made within a 2 week window of any trip date, deposits must be made via major credit card. (Credit card transactions are subject to a convenience charge of 2.5%).
- A reservation is not valid without a deposit. We will hold the reservation for interested parties for 2 weeks only. After that time, if no deposit is received, the reservation is then forfeited, and the date becomes available for booking to other parties.
- Please include the dates of the trip in the memo section of your check along with all contact numbers. Make checks payable to Adventure Watersport Charters and mail to 29148 Rose Drive Big Pine Key, FL 33043.
- Payment in full is due prior to trip departure.
- A confirmation letter/contract will be mailed or emailed to you after your payment/deposit is received.
Cancellation & Photo Policy:
- Adventure Watersport Charters strives to make your trip an enjoyable and memorable experience. The Captain/s and Adventure Watersport Charters reserve the right to cancel any trip at any time due to bad weather, mechanical failure, safety, or other unforeseen circumstances that prevent us from safely diving or fishing. Deposits are fully refundable 6 months or more before the departure date. If you must cancel after that time between 3 – 6 months, a 10% non-refundable booking fee will apply to the total cost of the trip. If you cancel within 30 days – 3 months, a 20% non-refundable booking fee will apply. For trip cancellations within 30 days up to 48 hours, a 50% non-refundable booking fee will apply. No refunds, credits or vouchers of any kind will be issued if you don’t show up to the dock/boat at the designated departure time or cancel your trip or any portion thereof, with 48 hours of the trip. Further your credit card on file will be charged whatever remaining balance is outstanding. Divers who must cancel within 30 days due to medical reasons or due to death in the family will be provided with a trip voucher of equal value to be used within one year of the originally scheduled trip date. In the case that your trip is cancelled or cut short due to bad weather, mechanical failure, safety or other unforeseen circumstances, a voucher will be issued based on the completed duration of your trip, to be used within one year of the original trip date. No credits or refunds will be given if a trip is cut short due to illegal, violent or belligerent behavior by the client. In the event of the trip cancellation, Adventure Watersport Charters will not be held liable for any travel, hotel, or other consequential costs incurred by the client. Adventure Watersport Charters reserves the right to adjust trip prices due to a substantial increase in fuel price, or if the trip was booked more than 12 months in advance.
- We strongly suggest that you call and check in with us the day or two before the trip. Adventure Watersport Charters will make all efforts to notify you of trip cancellation prior to departure. It is the customer’s responsibility to check in with Adventure Watersport Charters before the trip departure. A call a couple days before might save you from making a trip down here or to the boat needlessly.
- Our Captain/s will make the final weather call for the trip. In general, if our wind gauge reads over 20 – 25 mph Adventure Watersport Charters reserves the right to postpone for one day, (we do not trust the weather service as they are very unreliable, and we cannot go by the Miami weather off the weather channel). If the winds are 15-20 mph we will/must dive or fish the protected waters of Key West and the Marquesas Keys and surrounding reefs. We do not visit the Dry Tortugas in winds greater than 15 mph. We do not postpone trips for rain. (The underwater sea life doesn’t care!)
- We reserve the right to use any photos taken while on your trip on or off of the boat or given to us by you, for promotional and advertising purposes including but not limited to, print and/or on-line media.